SalesManager enables you to create and send a contact a HTML email from a template or as a regular text email like you would in outlook. When sending through Focus3, all activity is tracked such as opens, clicks, etc.
To create and send an email from a template you will need the following:
- Your email coded in HTML. Images can be hosted on a web host or image service, such as Photobucket, or in the Focus3 Image Library in admin area. You may use an existing HTML email in the system to start instead or build one using the WYSISYG editor.
Once you are ready the following steps will walk you through setting up the eblast and scheduling it to send.
- Go to the Admin by clicking the Admin link on the left hand navigation or by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the page
- Under the Marketing category, select Email Template and Eblasts
- On the Correspondence Letters/Email page you will see a list of current and active correspondences and emails. Click Add Correspondence Letters/Emails on the top right side of the page.
- Select Email from the drop down list next to "Type:"
- If you would like to start with an existing HTML email, click on the Copy Existing Template button. After you click the button a list of current and active emails will display. Choose the one you would like to use from the list.
- Name your HTML email. This name will be for your use. We recommend you name it with a date and purpose so its easy to identify later. For example - 2016 05 Summer Event Invitation Send 1
- Merge Type will be Standard
- click Save
You will now be taken to the create email screen.
- Type in the Subject line for your eblast. This is what will appear as the subject line for your contacts.
- If you copied an email in step 5 above, you will see the contents of that email. Edit the text and skip to step 4.
- First, click on the </> button. Then copy the HTML code from your email into the box. Click on the </> button again to see your email and you can use the editor to update any text. For advanced users you can create the email using the editor.
- Click "Save"
You now have your email ready to be scheduled and sent! To send your email:
- Select a contact
- On the contact summary screen, select "Email" from the "Add New Action" drop down menu
- Select the Template from the Template Drop down list
- Ensure the correct from From Email Address and From Display Name and Subject line are correct
- Edit or add any text to the email. Any changes here will be sent to the contact but will not change the template
- Click Send when you are ready
Congratulations! Your email will be queued for send. Most individual emails are sent within a few minutes of clicking send now.