SalesManager enables you to create and send a mass email to your contact groups right in the app. When you send an eblast, event information, such as when a contact opens or clicks a link in the eblast, are recorded right on the contact record. A full report on the performance of the eblast is available in the Online Reports section under Marketing.
To create and send an eblast you will need the following:
- Your email coded in HTML. Images can be hosted on a web host or image service, such as Photobucket, or in the Focus3 Image Library in admin area. You may use an existing HTML email in the system to start instead.
- A Contact Group in SalesManager. (How to create a contact group)
Once you are ready the following steps will walk you through setting up the eblast and scheduling it to send.
- Go to the Admin by clicking the Admin link on the left hand navigation or by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the page
- Under the Marketing category, select Email Template and Eblasts
- On the Correspondence Letters/Email page you will see a list of current and active correspondences and emails. Click Add Correspondence Letters/Emails on the top right side of the page.
- Select Email from the drop down list next to "Type:"
- If you would like to start with an existing HTML email, click on the Copy Existing Template button. After you click the button a list of current and active emails will display. Choose the one you would like to use from the list.
- Name your HTML email. This name will be for your use. We recommend you name it with a date and purpose so its easy to identify later. For example - 2016 05 Summer Event Invitation Send 1
- Merge Type will be Standard
- click Save
You will now be taken to the create email screen.
- Type in the Subject line for your eblast. This is what will appear as the subject line for your contacts.
- If you copied an email in step 5 above, you will see the contents of that email. Edit the text and skip to step 4.
- First, click on the </> button. Then copy the HTML code from your email into the box. Click on the </> button again to see your email and you can use the editor to update any text. For advanced users you can create the email using the editor.
- Click "Save"
You now have your email ready to be scheduled and sent! To schedule your email:
- Go back to the Admin page.
- Click Action Scheduler under "Fulfillment and Actions"
- Click Schedule New Action on the top right
- Select Email from the Action Type list
- Select the Contact Group you wish to send to from the drop down list.
- Enter a date and time to schedule your email. NOTE: Emails scheduled within one hour or so of the current time may not be cancelled. We highly recommend scheduling emails at least 2 hours in advance to ensure any changes that need to be made can be made.
- Click Schedule Action.
Congratulations! Your eblast is now scheduled to your contact group! Since eblasts are throttled on send in order to do everything we can to avoid spam and blacklists, your email may take a few hours to go out depending on how many contacts are in your group.